• Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the U.S. or an eligible non-citizen with a valid Social security number
• Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) must be calculated and within a specific range for certain programs
• Must not be simultaneously enrolled in elementary or high school
• Must have received a high school diploma or GED certificate
• Admitted into a degree, certificate, or other program leading to a recognized educational credential
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
• Not be in default for any Title IV loan at any institution
• Not have had federal benefits suspended due to a drug conviction
Students who do not have a Social Security Number and live in a foreign country can apply for an International TPEG using the "TPEG-I" application.
Financial aid enrollment is based on a student’s enrollment during the fall, spring and summer semesters. However, financial aid will not cover payment if a student is not enrolled in courses listed on their degree plan or is making a third attempt of a previously passed course. Complete Repeat Coursework Policy.
UTEP offers courses during alternate parts of term that occur during these semesters. In general, enrollment for the wintermester is included in the spring semester enrollment and maymester enrollment is included in the summer semester enrollment.
However, if a student is enrolled for the fall/spring semester and decides to enroll for the winter-/may-mester, financial aid will not pay for the winter-/may-mester if the fall/spring semester grades are not posted.
It is the student’s responsibility to determine payment deadlines and if financial aid will be available for payment by this deadline. This is true for all parts of term that begin before fall/spring/summer first day of class.
• Financial aid awards are based on full-time enrollment
• Enrolled in courses listed on degree plan
• A third attempt of a previously passed course will not be funded by financial aid
• Please look at "Enrolling at Other School" for information on Consortium Agreements and online enrollment
• Student loans require half time enrollment and will result in an adjustment for less than full-time enrollment
• Texas Grant requires three quarter time enrollment
• UTEP Promise requires full-time enrollment
• For other financial aid, enrollment levels other than full-time will result in award adjustments
Federal School Code: 003661